Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

My bird friends



Do birds have email, Facebook or Twitter? Just how do they spread information to their fellow winged friends? I'm only wondering this as it seems the number of birds in my yard increases daily. I'm am not exaggerating (something I tend to do from time to time) when I tell you there are at least 50 Sparrows in my yard at feeding time.

I have two bird feeders, three suet hangers and what I scatter on the ground. There is also a pie pan I keep filled on the ground for the five squirrels to come eat out of.

This all started last summer as a way for the children to watch some birds, it has now grown into an obsession. I find myself sitting back with a nice warm cup of tea, watch the activity outside my window. Last winter there were four Blue Jays and several Cardinals and Woodpeckers, I'm hoping they will find their way back again.

Now, if you will excuse me, I see the birds are flying in and I don't want to miss the show.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment