Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Garage cleaning blues

The crispness in the air, the leaves off the trees, the frost on the window reminds me of....

the huge mess in the garage needing to be cleaned.

We have a very small one car garage. In fact, it's so small, when I pull in, I have to pull in close to the wall on the passenger side which still only leaves me able to open the drivers side door part way. I have to get in and out sideways.

Having such a small garage means all the 'stuff' I store in there throughout the year has to find another home for the winter. And there is alot of 'stuff'. Each year when it comes time to clean the garage, I vow to not let it get so bad again....I can't even remember how many times I've made that vow, but I haven't lived up to it yet.

Now, the frost is here, and I need to attack it again. I'll spend a couple of days going through all the 'stuff', getting rid of much of it so I don't have to try and find somewhere else to stash it. I'll run across items and say to myself, "Oh yeah, I forgot all about this".

As much as I dread this annual task, I dread even more having to scrape my car windows, or worse yet, having the car doors froze shut. Being a volunteer for our local ambulance, it's important for me to be able to respond to a call immediately.

Alright, after this winter, I vow to not let my garage get so bad....yeah right, who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment