Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Texas Wildfire



I'm sure we are all aware of the wildfires devestating Texas. This morning I got word of a friends home that was destroyed. All her pictures are gone. All items belonging to her mother, who has passed, are gone. Pretty much anything she owns, is gone.

Thankfully, both her husband and herself are physically fine. Emotionally though, I can't even imagine the pain.

This bad news has me thinking, what would I grab if I had to evacuate my home? Some obvious things would be the computer, my home binder with all my important information in it, money, medications, clothes, address book, the tote with my son's belonging who is now in heaven.

I think about pictures and how they are all over the place around here, not nice and neat in albums (Put that on my to-do list). What about the quilts my grandmother made? All the childhood items belonging to my children?

This leads my brain to thinking, what if my home caught fire and I didn't have time to grab items of importance?

I do believe I will be giving this situation some long thought. Maybe it's time to start looking into a fireproof safe.

My prayers go out to Marilyn and Dale.

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are in my prayers, Deb, I am so very sorry for their loss, but thankful that they are both safe.

    I recently made this list during Hurricane Irene and thankfully we never had to put it into action, but it was a much harder list than I thought it would be...funny what we think we can't live without until we are faced with the real thing.

    Great post, kiddo!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete