Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

NASCAR!



My friends Joe and Alicia have created a monster! Yep, it's all their fault. I am completely blaming them for my being tired today due to staying up to watch the Daytona 500 last night.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't give two hoots for NASCAR. I found it to be a waste of time. I would liken it to watching paint dry. I even took my Boy Scouts to a race at Chicago Speedway and found myself so very bored. I said I would never again do that...EVER!

My, my, my how things have changed. I am addicted to it now! It all started a couple of weeks ago when Papa Bear was gone and I was lonely. I took my crochet and went to my friends house to hang out with them and play with the kids. This is a huge NASCAR family. While there, they turned on the Budweiser Shoot-out, did a bit of explaining to me, and I was hooked. Who knew picking someone to follow would make such a difference?

This weekend, I made my plans around the races. Last night, I changed plans so I wouldn't miss the race which had been rained out on Sunday. My friends got me in on Fantasy Racing. *SIGH* I'm hooked. I sure hope the Chicago Speedway offers special discounted tickets for the Boy Scouts in the fall again!

Lesson here...never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment