Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Three Simple Rules



This summer, I picked up the book Three Simple Rules. If you don't mind, I would like to share some of this book with you.

There are three simple rules that have the power to change the world...
*Do no harm
*Do good
*Stay in love with God

~Do others look at us and see God at work in our life? Is our way of living life-giving rather than life-draining?

~When we agree that we will not harm those with whom we disagree, conversation, dialogue, and discovery of new insight become possible.

~To follow Jesus is to desire to be like him in our living and our dying. For some of us, that choice is just too frightening and too demanding; so we follow at a distance or turn away.

~To do no harm means that I will be on guard so all my actions and even my silence will not add injury to another.

~Doing good is not limited to those like me or those who like me. Doing good is directed to everyone, even those who do no fit my category of 'worthy' to receive any good that I can direct their way.

~Staying in love with God is the foundation to all of life.

~The failures of the past are to be forgotten and the new possibilities are to be embraced.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I think I may have to find this book and read it myself. Very interesting. Sherry

    ReplyDelete