Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Forgiveness

I don't want to forgive them! They hurt me, took something of mine, talked about me, snubbed me...I don't want to forgive!!!

Ever feel like this? Like you have been wronged? Ever want to burn a hole in someones forehead with your laser-beam eye? Yeah, I think we've all been there. It's normal to feel anger when we have been hurt. Guess what, we're supposed to let it go! Are you believing this?? Someone hurts us and we're supposed to let it go!! Who came up with that rule? {pause for reflection} Oh yeah, the Bible says it. That Bible sure can make life difficult sometimes.

Forgiveness is an area I've been in struggle with lately. I try to practise it. I think I do ok with it...then something happens that brings the bad feelings back to the surface and it seems all the forgiveness I thought I did is gone. *sigh*

All I can do is pray for the Lord to help heal my hurt heart and feelings. Only He can do it. Trying to do it on my own isn't working. One of my favorite scriptures is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Why then do I feel the need to try and do things on my own?

I need to remember also that if I want the Lord to forgive MY wrongs, then I need to forgive those who have wronged me. Besides...unforgiveness and bitterness causes wrinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment