Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

My mom roles

I am blessed to be a mom, step-mom, foster-mom and grandma. Each one of these roles brings with it an abundance of joy and love.

As mom, I have witnessed my son's ups and downs. Watched many 'firsts'. Felt my heart swell with every "I love you" sent my way.

As step-mom, I have been given the opportunity to be a part of Papa Bear's daughters lives. Unfortunately, only one has accepted me into her life, but I love that one as if she were my very own.

I am not legally a foster-mom, as I took our foster daughter in as an adult. She has a very special place in my heart and is every bit a part of my family as the other 'children' are.

Grandma (Nana) is one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given.

With Mother's Day right around the corner, I am reminded of the impact I am able to have on the lives of those in each of these roles. I can only hope I am able to be a good influence to them all, and that they all know how much I love each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment