Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

Oh my goodness, do I ever have something to make your taste buds happy. I found these two recipes over at The Meal Consultant. Very simple to make and the daycare children loved it!

Baked Applesauce Oatmeal
½ c. applesauce
⅓ to ½ c. sugar
1 large egg
½ c. water
2 T. butter, room temperature
1½ c. oatmeal
4 T. dry milk powder
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
up to 1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease (or oil) a square pan. Mix apple-sauce, sugar, egg, water. Add butter, oats, dry milk, baking powder, salt, cinnamon; stir thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes up to 6 servings.

I'm sure you could add pieces of fruit to this also. I think next time I make it I'll be adding raisins.

I then topped the oatmeal squares with:

Applesauce Syrup
1 c. applesauce
2 T. brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ to ½ c. water
(amount of water will depend upon how thick you want syrup, I ended up using almost a full cup)

Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Mix well. Heat slowly on low, and serve warm.

Did I happen to mention how happy your taste buds are going to be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment