Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tidy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, dear friends. How did the cleaning schedule go for you last week? I hope you were able to come up with a rough draft to work off of. Don't expect to have it cut in stone right off the bat, it takes time to work up a schedule that really fits. I'm interested in hearing how it is working out for you.

This week is the fridge. Yep...That place where science projects seem to happen all on their own.

What you will need:
garbage can
cleaner (I like my bleach water spray bottle)
cleaning rag, drying towel

Take everything out and decide if it's a keeper or a tosser. If it's not going to be used up, then cut your losses and toss it. After the fridge is empty, pull out the drawers and shelves and wash well. While those are drying you can clean all the gunk that has spilled and has been hiding under the drawers. Wipe the sides and top well. Don't forget to do the door storage area too.

After returning the shelves and drawers, return items. This is a great time to do a bit of organizing. I keep mine in sections:
milk, water and other drinks on top shelf.
Pickles, mayo, butter, cream cheese...the staples, on the left middle shelf.
Leftovers go on right middle shelf.
Eggs and yogurt on left bottom shelf.
One drawer has lunch meat and cheese.
One drawer has fruits.
One drawer has veggies.
Condiments and jelly go in the door.

Now, this is where I have to say, "Hi, my name is Mama Bear and I'm addicted to my label maker". I have gone so far as to label my shelves. Yes, I know it seems a bit odd, but even though *I* know where everything goes, the rest of my family seems to not remember. The leftover shelf is an important one as it cuts down the above mentioned science projects. Also, having a place for each thing cuts down on the 3 open jars of pickles and 2 bottles of ketchup that always seem to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment