Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Shack



I just finished this book and it is absolutely awesome!

It is important to know that it is a book of fiction. It is not always Biblically correct, but it does not claim to be either. None the less, it will make you rethink how you see some aspects of yourself as a Christian. I shed many tears, both good and bad, during this reading. I had to put it down many times to ponder what was said. It caused me to take a hard look at myself and how I treat and judge others.

The basic idea is that a man is unable to deal with the loss of his daughter. He ends up meeting God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a way that he was able to accept them. Not the Trinity as you would expect.

I have walked away from this reading with a renewed love for the Lord. For a desire to better myself as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment