Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another busy week in the old Bear den...I'm beginning to wonder if there will ever be any non-busy weeks around here! Graduation and all that surrounded it is behind us, now on to Boy Scout Camp. My Scouts and I leave for a week long summer camp 1 week from today. We spend a week in the timber at Ingersoll Scout Reservation in London Mills Illinois. This reservation is about 1200 acres...and I think over the years I have hiked every stinking one of them!

It is such a wonderful time every year. The boys go to merit badge class during the day, and we enjoy troop activities the rest of the time. This year our outposts will be tubing the Cedar Dell Creek, Crawdad-which is basically an awesome waterslide...in the mud!, and Paul Bunyon-which is early early morning and we get to throw tomahauks, climb a spar pole, use cross cut saws and all that type of lumberjack stuff. Not to mention with Paul Bunyon we get to eat pancakes that are HUGE!

In preporation for camp though, I will be a busy bee. This week finds me cleaning out the scout trailer that we store all our camping gear in and restocking it. Gathering all my personal gear that has been scattered due to water in the basement. Writing a short sermon for the Sunday night service at camp and a regular sermon to give at church the day after I get back from camp.

Also....I want my home to be in tip-top shape before I leave so that the Hubs will have a nice home to come to at the end of the day. If possible, I'd also like to have meals made up and in the freezer for him.

I'm beginning to think that if I didn't stay so busy all the time, I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment