Total Pageviews

Friday, June 8, 2012

Italian Raisin Pasta Salad

Last night I stood in my pantry with my hands on my hips trying to figure out what I wanted to go with the spicy oven fried chicken I was making. It was a tad warm out so I didn't want anything hot and heavy.

Still standing there looking.


Still standing there looking.


I spotted the pasta shelf and decided I would go that route, but didn't want the same old same olds that I normally make. I guess I was feeling a bit adventurous as I decided to come up with my own recipe. Because I couldn't come up with anything more exciting in the name department, I'm just gonna go with Italian Raisin Pasta Salad. Yeah, no creative juices were flowing when I came up with that one.

Italian Raisin Pasta Salad

4 C. pasta noodles cooked, rinsed and cooled. (I used bowtie noodles)
1 1/2-2 C. Italian dressing
1/2 avocado~chopped
3 T. banana peppers~finely chopped
1 T. spicy brown mustard
2 1.5oz boxes of raisins
1 C. cucumber~chopped
1/2 C blue cheese crumbles
big handful of spinach~coarsely chopped
1 small tomato~chopped

Mix all of this together. Pour over noodles and mix well. Refrigerate until cold.

This would also be good as a main meal with some grilled chicken on top.

I served this with spicy oven fried chicken and home canned cinnamon pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment