Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

VBS Week

It's that time of the year again. Time for the church to be decorated in some crazy fashion. Time for gobs of cookies appearing in the basement. Time for the towns-people to volunteer at church. Time for wiggling, giggling, excited children to fill the church up. Yes, dear friend, it's Vacation Bible School time!

I just LOVE this time of year! The looks on the children's faces as they come in. The excited chatter as they wait for the program to start. The laughing, the singing...did I mention the cookies?

We have a wonderful group of ladies that put VBS on each year. We all have our own little part we do. And you all know how it is in a small church, once you start doing something, you are there for life! I started a new part this year to go along with my regular part. My new part was decorations. My friends Alicia, Kathy and Sherri answered my anxious plea for help when it was discovered there was a decorations mix up less than a week before VBS started. I don't even know what I got anxious about, the ladies all did a wonderful job and the place looks great.

My regular part is the opening and closing. Basically it's my job to get the kids all wound up and then send them off to someone else....imagine that, ME getting kids wound up! Who'd of ever thought that to be possible?

Tonight was the first night and it seemed to go off without a hitch. Each year I do something silly in the church service on Sunday morning if they reach a goal of a certain amount of children attending...of course I always make it an attainable goal. This year I'm going to stand up in the front of the church and do the hula-hoop!

See what I mean, who would ever think I could get kids wound up??

No comments:

Post a Comment