Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today is Earth Day, what are you doing to celebrate?
As many of you know, I run a daycare from my home. Over the years the children who have come through here have learned to recycle and reuse...and that litter is bad. Children are able to learn at an early age to take care of their toys. They also are able to learn to take care of the earth. If we teach them young, then it becomes a way of life.
Many times I have looked at the litter when I go away from my town and it just makes me sad. I'm reminded of the commercial in the 70's of the Indian sitting on his horse looking down on the freeway and all the litter blowing around. He has tears on his face.
I challenge you today to do one thing for Earth Day. Recycle, pick up litter, use earth friendly products, walk instead of using the car...the list is endless. We all want what is best for our children and grandchildren. Would you give them a toy that is unhealthy for them? Will you be helping to give them an earth that is healthy for them? If every person would do just one thing a day, we would all be in a much better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment