Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Healthy Beginnings






Today marks exactly two months until I officially turn old (yikes...50!).  For probably the last 20 years I have been on a get healthy yo-yo.  I work at it, then I don't, then I work at it, then I don't even care...you get the picture.  A little background: I am 6' tall and except when I was with child, I have never weighed over 125 pounds.  When there is a good wind, if you listen closely you can actually hear my bones rattling around in my skin (grin).  We used to have a Black Lab that when he was a puppy would actually try to use my arms and ankles for chew toys!  Yep, I'm that skinny.  However, even with how skinny I am, each time I gain the tiniest bit of weight, it appears in my gut. Tall and skinny with a protruding belly, not all that attractive, I can guarantee you that.


Today I am going to commit to intentionally working on my health for two months.  I'll be tracking my food and water intake as well as my physical activity.  I don't think I will be changing my eating habits much except to try and eat three meals a day instead of skipping meals because I am busy. I also have started on Plexus Slim to work on getting my insides healthy too.  In the 'working on it times' of my healthy yo-yo, I have enjoyed various 30-Day Challenges.  These will be making appearance again.

March:
*Planks (ugh) at the end of the month I should be able to hold a 5 minute plank!! 
*Shoulders (trying to build up the muscles and ward off that yucky bursitis) will have me doing upright rows, side lateral raises, shoulder presses and shoulder rotations.
*Guns, Buns and Abs (my favorite) at the end of the month I should be doing 250 squats, 40 push ups and 100 leg lifts.  I have used this challenge before but have to modify for my back. 

April:
* Arms-push ups, dips, bicep curls and punches
*Glute and Legs (I'm already dreading this one)
*Burpees (groan) Start with just 1 singe burpee on day one and increase by 1 each day so at the end it will be 30 of those dreaded things.  Nope, I don't like burpees, I don't care how good they are for me, they are not my friend and I don't foresee me ever inviting them into my inner circle.

So dear friends, come along with me on my Healthier Me Journey.  Follow along or even join me!  



No comments:

Post a Comment