Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sparky for Cancer!

I would like to introduce all of you to an incredible young man. Dan Knapp is the kind of man we would all love to have as a son...or son-in-law.

I met Dan many many years ago at Ingersoll Scout Reservation while camping there with my Boy Scouts. He went by Sparky then, and believe me, he lived up to his name! Dan was only 12 (I think) at the time but already serving in a leadership role. I've had the honor of watching him grow up over the years, grow into a caring young man who isn't afraid to step way outside the box. Because of this, he relates well with young people, helping to spread a positive message to them.

You may be wondering why I am singing the praises of Dan today, well, let me tell you. He is once again stepping outside that box to help others. He is raising money for childhood cancer by agreeing to have his head shaved.
Here are a few pictures of Dan (Sparky) and some of his wild hair-do's.





In case you are wondering, no, he isn't some kind of weirdo. Well, not in a bad way anyway.
Dan in unselfishly giving each and every one of us an opportunity to help others. Please click on this link to help children with cancer.
Thank you so much for not only taking the time to read this blog post, but for also helping those who are unable to help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment