Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feeling the Love




When I was younger~~much much younger~~I looked forward to my birthday each year. It almost seemed like I was starting the count down the day after my birthday for the next one. Now that I'm a little bit older, this day doesn't seem to be as sought after as it once was. As time goes on, the special day turns from parties and family and presents to getting the kids up and off to school, going to work, getting supper before going out to a meeting. The whole "WooHoo it's my birthday!" becomes just another day.

This year, I had the most marvelous birthday! It all started Saturday when it became clear to me Papa Bear and my dear heart-daughter Alicia had been conspiring together to give me a special time. My most favorite birthday meal is Hooters. Seriously, I DO go there for their hot wings! And for the crab legs, and shrimp and oysters too. So, off to Hooters we all went. Well, Alicia and her family went in their van, Papa Bear and I rode the motorcycles over..Yippee Skippee!

Later that evening, Papa and I went over to our oldest daughters house for a visit and I got to spend some time with two of my grandkids...Yippee Skippee!

Tuesday night, as I lay sound asleep in my bed, the phone rang. Now, everyone knows if the phone rings that late at night, something is wrong. Nope, I was wrong, it was my son Ben calling. He wanted to be the first one to wish me a happy birthday...Yippee Skippee!

Yesterday was my actual birthday and boy oh boy was it great! It started in the morning with my daycare children bringing me cards. My mom and her daycare came over for a visit and brought me a gift. Not just any gift either, it is a singing and dancing bear from Menards (my most favorite store in the whole wide world). It sings the Menards jingle and is absolutely adorable. When I logged onto Facebook, I had gobs and gobs of Happy Birthday wishes (my heart was so filled with happiness). Last night was an ambulance meeting and the whole crew sang Happy Birthday to me, that was just so very sweet of them. After the meeting, we stopped at Alicia and Joe's for a bit and they gave me a gift that fits perfectly between our two families, they couldn't have picked out anything better. AND, I got to spend time with my two heart-grankids...Yippee Skippee!

Tonight, when I get off work, I am going to town to spend time with my foster daughter and my two foster grandkids...Yippee Skippee!

All in all, I think I can say this birthday has been one to rival the birthdays of days gone by. No, there wasn't a party with balloons and cake and presents galore. What there was is way better. This year, I really felt the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment