Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Re-purpose Unstopables


Being the frugal person I am, when Downey Unstopables first came on the market, I took advantage of a great sale and added to it a large coupon, which gave me an incredible savings.  It was such an incredible savings I bought several (read that to say twelve, I had lots of coupons) of these bottles of lovey laundry scent.  I soon found out I wasn't all that crazy about the product.  Don't get me wrong, when I open the bottle, the scent is wonderful.  The problem is when I use it and dry my clothes in the dryer, I can barely smell it at all.  When I use it with my bedding and towels and hang them on the line, it works great, but I am not always able to hang outside.  I have tried adding it to just the rinse cycle and it does work better, only not all the little pellets dissolve, leaving me to pick them off my clothes.

So, what to do, what to do.  I have all this product and needed to find a way to use it so as to not have wasted my money.  I read somewhere (probably Pinterest) about using them in one of those warming pots you plug into the wall.  I just so happen to have one of those pots so I gave it a try.   Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner!  I LOVE this!   Fill the pot about 1/2 full and turn it on.  Soon you will have a clean, homey scent going.  It is not an over powering scent either, just nice in the background. 

You know how it is when you are out on a walk and you can tell when someone is doing laundry because you can smell the fabric softener from the dryer vent, yeah, it's that kind of a smell.  This is perfect for Spring and Summer.  When it quits putting out its smell, just clean it out with a paper towel and add more.  I have gotten quite a length of time with one pour...as in several days running an hour or more at a time.

Being the frugal person I am, I love finding multiple uses for items.  Who would have thought there would have been more than one for Downey Unstopables?

No comments:

Post a Comment